| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  FS: SKH Emmons D-10 8 & 5
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 11:50 am    

Okay, I have some other wants/needs/desires, and that entails thinning the herd somewhat, as they say.

So, up for sale is a Emmons SKH* LeGrande, black in color, 8 pedals and 5 knee levers. The fifth knee lever is on C6 LKL, recently added by Bobby Bowman, who also did a lube/setup. So there are 4 knee lever changes on E9 and 3 on C6. The bellcranks are 4-hole. The case is in the condition you'd expect for a guitar of this age, but is certainly functional.

The pickups are Bill Lawrence 710 models, which are humbucking pickups and sound great. The tuning machines are Grover.

The copedent is standard Emmons, but I can put your setup on the guitar, within reason of course. The guitar, while not "under the bed" mint, is in generally excellent condition for a guitar 27 years old. I bought the instrument last year from a Forumite professional to use as a road guitar, but hardly took it out and right now I'm no longer a road warrior so I really have no need for the horn at this particular time.

I have two sets of legs/rods, one set standard height, one set 1.5" short. Either set will convey with the guitar, or both sets for an extra $125.

Those of y'all who have seen my guitars know that I don't tolerate bad playing instruments, so rest assured everything works on this guitar and it's in very clean condition. I don't have the guitar set up right now, but when I do I can post photos.

I have $2750 in this guitar, and that's what I'm asking for it. This seems to be the going price for SKH guitars right now. I'd prefer to deliver the guitar at the Texas Jamboree in March, but of course shipping is available for about (I guestimate) 60-75 bucks.

* "SKH" stand for "short keyhead." This was the first model of all-pull Emmons, made around 1979-82, and considered by many to be one of the more sought-after sounding Emmonses.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Last edited by Herb Steiner on 3 Feb 2008 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jerry harkins

kingsland tx
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 12:58 pm    

Herb,
I sent you an email about the Emmons.

Thanks
Jerry
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 1:19 pm    

Jerry, et al.
Here's some photos...

The copedent is as follows...
E9: standard Emmons pedals, LKL E-F, E-F; LKR E-D#, E-D#; RKL D#-D-C#, D-C#; RKR F#-G, F#-G.

C6: standard Emmons pedals, LKL A-Bb, A-Bb; RKL C-B; RKR C-C#, C-C#

About as standard as it gets, in other words.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 2:05 pm    

To the two guys who inquired about the photo I posted, my 1982 Ford F-150 does NOT convey with the deal!! Wink

Jeff Bradshaw

Leslieville, Alberta - Canada
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 3:08 pm    

So the Envoy comes with the Legrande? The do match! Be a shame to spit them up. ..jeff
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 3:19 pm    

Jeff
Yes, the Envoy can come with the LeGrande... for an additional 22K. Wink

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 4:16 pm     emmons

Herb, sent email offer.
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 5:54 pm    

b0b
The guitar has been sold. Please close the thread and check your email re: commission on the sale.
Herbster