| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  FS Peavey Vegas 400 PLEASE CLOSE
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2008 5:20 am    

I have a very nice Vegas 400 that's hardly been out of the house. Was recently given a clean bill of health by my local amp tech. Has the 15" Black Widow speaker. Would sell outright or trade for a Nashville 112 (and money depending). Please get in touch with me at steve_chiro at hotmail dot com

Last edited by Philippe Custeau on 5 Mar 2008 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2008 12:01 am    

Anyone?
Randy Phelps

California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2008 12:35 am    

how much?
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2008 6:28 pm    

I'd like to get around 400$ for it. I paid 450$ and used it but a few times.
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2008 7:54 am    

The amp is still available.
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2008 10:02 pm     Vegas 400

Hi Phil,
I just bought a Nashville 112 and paid $579.00 for it. That's more than the Vegas 400 sold for. I also had one of them. Loved it, but the weight of it. Had the 112 three days and it's in repair already.
Just thought you'd like to know. I think I just got a bad one. I'll get it back in another two weeks. Hopfully it will be up to power.

Yours,
Buz Reynolds
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 4:14 am    

Hi Buz

Thanks. Yeah, I've been toying with whether to sell it or not. As I wrote, I was willing to add money to the deal for a 112, though I've seen a couple go for sale locally for around 400-450 used. The Vegas is indeed very heavy, and that's the major drawback for me at this point. I do gig out and end up playing steel through my guitar amp to avoid lugging it around. I was hoping the 112 would do the job.
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 9:27 am    

Philippe, I dont know if you have a Guitar Center close to you, but I just bought a NV 112 this morning at the one here in Houston. I paid 304 dollars for it new. He said they are not going to stock them anymore and that was supposedly "cost", but it was marked 349 regular price. Just a thought, might you get into a nice amp pretty cheap if theres a GC near you...James
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 2:43 pm    

I don't have one close, but I'd definitely be into that. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info!

P
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 2:55 pm    

I looked online and couldn't find anything. They list the 112 for 579 USD and have no used ones.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Nashville-112-1x12-80W-Amp-104003405-i1145614.gc

Would they just not be listed then?

There is a very cheap (199$!) Nashville 400 in Beaumont, Texas if anybody's close!!
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2008 5:38 am    

The problem I have with Guitar Center is, they rip people off on internet purchases. I guess people who can not get to a store are trapped into buying from the them on line. 479 dollars for a 112 amp is just unreasonable when they list them for 349 in the store. I dont know if you can call and negotiate on the phone or not, but if you walk in the store, you can expect to pay at LEAST 25 % less than the on line price. For instance,last month I bought a new, in the box, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for my Tele. The on line price is 649.99 and they had it listed in the store for 560 but they sold it to me for 490. Now I do business with John, nicknamed "Bub" at the Westheimer store, I am not sure if he cuts me slack because I am in there all the time, but I always go to him. He sold my friend Eric a Warwick Corvette Standard bass for 1134 dollars. The internet price is 1439. So I would say if you can not walk in to one of the stores, you probably wont a get a good deal.....James
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2008 8:21 pm    

Hey James

I'll try giving them a call.

Thanks.

Phil
rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 5:38 am     Nashville112

I called a guitar Center store - They didn't have any in stock - but are shipping one direct to me from 1000 miles away from another store - they told me they were selling out their existing inventory and are not planning on stocking any more - $349 + tax shipped

Didn't have to got to the store - used a credit card
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 6:33 am    

Yeah, what Bub(He is a manager) told me was that he wouldnt be keeping them in the store, but he could always order me one since he is a peavey dealer...349 is the normal price they had on them..He sold me mine for 304 since it was the last one he had and because we are friends and I have sent him a TON of business...James
Gary Oatsvall

El Cajon, CA USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:51 am     Nashville 112 Sale

I thought you might like to know that Guitar Center is closing out all Nashville 112's for $268. There are still two at the San Marcos, CA store and I'm sure they might take less as one has a broken knob (you can still turn the post) and the other one had a small cut in the front wood panel that would be simple to glue. I wondered why they hadn't already done so.

I play steel and use the Walker Stereosteel amp and it's just great but I wanted to see how the Nashville would sound on a lead or rhythm guitar. Wasn't that impressed. Guitar Center would be willing to ship it to any area but I'm not sure on the price. If you want to talk to them their phone number is 1-760 735-0850. San Marcos is 30 miles north of San Diego.

Gary Oatsvall
Gary Oatsvall

El Cajon, CA USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 12:00 pm     Nashville 112 Correction

Sorry, I quoted the price at Guitar Center wrong. It's $368 and the phone number is 1-760-735-8050.
Murray Greene

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2008 4:46 pm    

Phillippe
Have you sold your VEGAS 400 Yet
Murray
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2008 7:56 pm    

I haven't, but I'm having second thoughts...
Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 8:08 am     Re: FS Peavey Vegas 400--Peavey Nashville 112

Philippe, why not keep your Vegas and have a seperate head made. I had that done to mine years ago. They are much better amps than the 112 IMHO and many others. These days I'm using a Nashville 400, again separate head/cab and also my Evans FET 500LV again head/cab. Gonna save money for you plus the great sound of a 15" speaker behind you, and much more power.

Micky Byrne United Kingdom www.mickybyrne.com

Sho-Bud and Carter universals
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 9:40 am    

Philippe,
US prices and Canadian prices can hardly be compared, even with the dollar at par. Something happens in the transaction, you know, same trouble as what we had with more expensive greeting cards and magazines that were US made...one price for US and a much higher one for Canada. Same goes for amps. If you buy one in the US, you still have to pay duties, +provincial tax and GST.

When I bought my 112 last Oct, I paid $499 for it(+taxes). That was the best deal I could come up with in this area. The store was Walter's Music here in London. I know other dealers would not match that price.
I think if you look around and ask in your locality, you might be just as lucky.
Murray Greene

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 12:31 pm    

Phillippe
If your Vegas 400 is for sale lets get together on this .
Give me a yes or no please .
Murray
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 1:29 pm    

Murray Greene wrote:
Phillippe
If your Vegas 400 is for sale lets get together on this .
Give me a yes or no please .
Murray

Hi Murray. I think I'll keep the amp for now. Sorry about that. I was looking for something smaller and lighter, but the reviews I read about the 112 aren't stellar, so I should try one before switching.
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 1:31 pm    

Bent Romnes wrote:
Philippe,
US prices and Canadian prices can hardly be compared, even with the dollar at par. Something happens in the transaction, you know, same trouble as what we had with more expensive greeting cards and magazines that were US made...one price for US and a much higher one for Canada. Same goes for amps. If you buy one in the US, you still have to pay duties, +provincial tax and GST.

When I bought my 112 last Oct, I paid $499 for it(+taxes). That was the best deal I could come up with in this area. The store was Walter's Music here in London. I know other dealers would not match that price.
I think if you look around and ask in your locality, you might be just as lucky.

Hi Bent. I know what you mean. I did see one for sale locally for 450$. How do you like the amp?
Murray Greene

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 3:30 pm    

Phillippe
I understand.
Thank you for your reply.
Murray
Philippe Custeau

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2008 3:34 pm    

Please close this thread...