| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SD-10 3X4 Emmons for Trad--PLEASE CLOSE
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 6:27 am    

SD-10 LaGrande with Emmons set-up. Red mica with black pad. Very nice guitar with no nicks on the mica and no problems at all. The guitar was recently serviced by Bobby Bowman just to make sure everything was ok with it. Case has been around, but it’s solid, rough outside. I want to trade for a Carter or a GFI SD-10, but might consider others. This guitar plays nice and sounds nice, however, I have a size 13 foot and I just can’t play this guitar comfortably because I get into the rods with my foot. I used to have a GFI and I never had this problem with it. So, I would like to go back to a GFI or possibly a Carter, others might be considered if your willing to measure the pedals for me so I can make sure I can play it. This guitar has NO cosmetic or mechanical issues and I would expect the same from the trade. Previously owned by Randy Gilliam, so that should tell you it’s nice. Randy only deals in top-notch gear. I can take more pictures if someone is interested in doing something.….James

Hers is a picture of me playing it on a gig.

Last edited by James Sission on 1 Feb 2008 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 8:01 am    

Had a couple of emails, I guess I should have mentioned, yes, this is a short keyhead guitar. Also, yes, it is tilted forward with the adjutable legs, it does not have a lift kit on it. Last, yes, I would consider selling it outright, but you would need to work with me a little so I could get another guitar before I ship this in order to keep from missing any gigs with my band....Thanks for the emails....James
Don Discher

Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 8:40 am     Emmons

I think this is the guitar I sold to Randy a couple years ago,if it is she's a beauty,sometimes I wish I had it back.
David Biggers

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 11:43 am    

James please check your email...
Randy Carson

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 11:44 am     EMMONS

Don,
Are you referring to me because I did have a guitar like that, just can't remember who sold it to me?
randy
Eddie Freeman

Natchez Mississippi
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 11:47 am     S10 Legrand

E mail sent
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 12:38 pm    

I am not sure where Randy got this Don, but it was Randy Gilliam, from San Antonio that I got this axe from.

Guys, I am sorry, I am trying to respond to everyones emails...I got a lot of offers on this guitar and I am just trying to work out something to where I can get a gutiar I play for a very long time....Thanks....James
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 2:00 pm    

BUMP!!!

James Sission is a real standup guy...you won't find anyone nicer or more honest!!!

Casey
Don Discher

Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 2:04 pm     Emmons

Hi Randy
Yes I bought it from you and sold it to Randy Gilliam a couple years later.
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2008 3:35 pm     nice SKH

Hi Don. James That Is A Keeper. Cut A Couple Feet Off of Your Feet and Keep That Beauty. Randy Gilliam, Laughing
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2008 5:28 am    

Casey, thank you for your kind words...It was a pleasure to do business with you in the past.

Randy Gilliam....This guitar is awesome, I appreciate your helping me out to be able to become the owner of it. I have been playing it for 8 or 10 months and have made every effort to make adjustments for my big feet and these little pedals. That said, please read on.

All who emailed me...Thank you all so much for the compliments on my guitar and for all the offers to purchase and trade. A forum member who is also a machinist contacted me and says he has a solution to my problem with the small Emmons pedals. I am going to meet with him this weekend and if that works out, I am going to keep the guitar. I love the sound and the cosmetics of the guitar, so if he can fix my problem and I can keep this guitar, that is what I am going to do. I this does not work out, then I am most likely going to trade for one of the GFI guitars I have been offered for the Emmons. I got more than 20 emails, so I will make every attempt to answer them all during the day today...Thank you...James

Bob..Please close this.