| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA U12 with 8 & 5 for sale (Traded away, Pls close)
Phil Sikes

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2008 10:14 am    

I hate to part with this since it was my first steel but my D10 Mullen just gets all of my attention lately. This is a white Tidewood mica E9/B6 Uni that is in great shape. It is around a 1978 model and was rebuilt by Tom Bradshaw sometime before I acquired it about 3 years ago. This axe was built for Junior Knight and plays like a dream. I am asking $1500 or trade for comparable bass or square neck dobro. I would much rather do a local (WA.) sale since these were made out of some serious material and weigh a bit.

Thanks - Phil

Last edited by Phil Sikes on 5 Feb 2008 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2008 2:54 pm    

I have to say this MSA looks very, very intriguing. Two questions...(1) do you have any pictures of the front; and (2) where is Oak Harbor? My wife grew up in Seattle and the in-laws live in Washington, outside of Shelton, during the summer.
Duncan
Phil Sikes

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2008 3:58 pm    

I will put a front picture up tonight when I get home from work.

Oak Harbor is located out on Whidbey Island about 80 miles Northwest of Seattle out in Puget Sound. We can be reached by bridge on the North end at Deception Pass or by ferry from Mukilteo which is a little North of Seattle.

Thanks for looking - Phil

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2008 6:40 pm    

Sorry, I thought I had a picture of the front of the MSA U12. Here is a picture of the pickup I didn't send before. I will have to get it out and set it up to get a front picture.

Phil

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2008 7:48 pm    

Here are some picture of the front of the MSA that were requested.

Phil

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2008 8:00 pm    

Thanks for all the great pics of your MSA Phil. It looks fantastic. I was wonderign what the setup is. I have an extended E9, but am still trying to wrap my befuddled brain aroudh the U tuning changes.
Thanks for all your assistance. BTW, my wife sez that she knows exactly where Oak Harbor is.
Duncan
Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 17 Jan 2008 8:48 pm     Nice MSA!

Phil,

My brother is Capt. Tom Tack, commander, Electronic Attack Wing, Pacific Fleet stationed at Whidbey. He retires this February. He entered the academy in 1977. I'm a pretty proud big brother! Very Happy

Captain Tom Tack

Nice MSA too!!!

Russ
Stan Paxton

1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2008 9:00 am    

Duncan, you need to buy this, then take a little drive out there to visit mother-in-law and pick up the guitar...what a deal ! Whoa!
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Phil Sikes

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2008 12:07 pm    

Duncan, Russ and Stan, I will try and get everything answered as well as I can. First off Duncan, the Uni tuning is really not too hard to get around on. The A,B, and C pedals are just like on an E9. The knees and the rest of the pedals are very similar to a D10 but they work all the time since they are only working on one neck. I have enjoyed this steel and learned a lot on it. If interested I can put the copedent on here.

Russ, I am retired USN since 1988 and have lived here in Oak Harbor since 1976. Tell your brother to come in and have a cup of coffee on an old Chief.

Stan, I will be glad to hold this until Duncan gets here to pick it up!!!! Maybe the two of you can drive out and enjoy the scenery together.

Thanks for all the replies.

Phil

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2008 7:19 am    

Hey Guys..this was my first S/12 Bb uni..it gave me YEARS of great service!! wish I could get her back!
texsteelman2@yahoo.com

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 20 Jan 2008 7:42 pm    

Phil,

I'll pass the word on to my brother. Did you sell that pretty Guild of yours? Smile

Russ
Phil Sikes

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2008 8:10 pm    

Hi Russ, I traded the Guild to Jim Van Winkle for a beautiful G&L ASAT. I have always loved the Tele style of guitar and this one is like brand new. Never fear a deal with Jim, he's as honest as they come.

Looking forward to meeting your brother too.

On the MSA, I will accept partial trades. I also gladly accept American, Alaskan and Hawaiian money.

Best to all,

Phil

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2008 9:47 am    

TTT for a price drop. Now $1500 + shipping.

Greenbank, WA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 6:07 pm    

Please close this one up, it was traded away.

Phil