| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Franks..Lake Belton Texas
Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 1:57 pm    

Yeah, those of you in centex know what I'm talking about. Anyways....I will be out there this Saturday night with Jeff Coffells Plumb Country band. My regular band is off, so I have begged Jeff to let me come play
For sure, you will get two steel players...me and Skeeter Black (Skeeter don't know it yet, ha!)...but this place is rotten with steel players. You never know who will show up.

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas

Earl Erb

Old Hickory Tenn
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 3:52 pm    

Hey Steve,when I was stationed at Ft.Hood in 1966-68,I played a club 6 nights a week in Harker Heights called the Western Room and I also watched Belton Lake fill up with water. Those were some good times.
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 4:28 pm    

Steve, I have a Hawaiian gig in Waco that nite. If we finish up in time I'll come by as Franks is on the way home to Killeen. CC
Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 7:14 pm    

Hey CC...Hope ya make it. It's been a while.
Course, you realize, most of the time I'll be sitting with my jaw on the floor watching Skeeter......(shhh, don't tell him I said that, he'll get the big head

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas

Jeff Coffell

Killeen Texas
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2001 3:25 pm    

Ya'll missed it Sat. night. Well the ones that didn't come out missed a great time. There were about nine extras there and we had a blast.

What happened CC? Was hoping you would show up.

Plumb Cccountry
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2001 4:06 am    

Jeff, sorry I missed it. This was not the hawaiian group I normally play with but agroup out of around Paris Tx. We nad an audience of WW2 vets that had been in HI during that period and requested every hapa haole tune that was ever written. Since the band leader is the son of an old friend I had to stay late and help them out. The vets were shelling out money for every song and you fellows know how it is when you are a new band and need all the cash you can get. It was a good thing they had contacted me to play this gig as the young band members had never heard of Beyond the Reef, Lovely Hula Hands, Etc Sure hope I can catch you next time. CC