| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zum, Single neck 12-string universal
Mark Dunn

Suffolk, England
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 9:47 am    

Zum pedal steel, Single neck 12-string universal.

Cheers Mark
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 10:16 am    

Mark, look at the "Instruments for Sale" section, there's one of these for sale right now....JH in Va.

Suffolk, England
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 11:59 am    

Thanks for the reply Jerry, I had seen it. I was really looking for a single neck on a single frame guitar, this is a single neck on double frame. I also recall the seller was only willing to send within the US.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2008 8:45 am     Hello, Mark,

Hello, Mark, I've received your email, but when I attempt a reply, my mail is returned, so I'll answer here. I can ship the Zum within the US for around $50-$60 tops. I would be willing to determine the shipping cost to the UK and deduct $50.00 from that, let me know if you want me to proceed with that. Best Regards, Michael Hillman
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1996’Epiphone Sheraton, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2008 3:39 pm     Copedant on my Zum U12,

Guitar is tuned in what I believe to be standard U12, high to low, F#,Eb,G#,E, B, G#,F#,E,B,G#,E,B. ABC pedals standard Emmons, A changes B strings 5 and 9 to C#, B changes all 3 G#s to A, and C changes 4th string E to F#, and 5 string B to C#. Pedal 4 raises the 9th string B to C, lowers string 11 an E to Eb, and drops string 12, the B to G#. Pedal 5 lowers string 7, an F# to F, raises string 11 an E to F, and raises the 12th string B to C#. Pedal 6 raises 4th string E to F#, and lowers 8th string E to D. Pedal 7 raises the 5th string B to a C#, raises 6th string G# to Bb. LKL, raises 4th string E to a G#, and 8th string E to an F. LKV gets the minor, lowers 5th string B to Bb. LKR raises strings 1 and 7, both F#s to G#. RKL puts you in the B6 mode, lowering the E strings 4 and 8 to Eb. and the RKR is set up to lower the 8th string, an E, to D.

I have made some preliminary inquiries for shipping, U.S. Postal Service offers Priority Mail, looks like about 10 days shipping, and if my estimate is correct on shipping weight, it would be about $190-$200 dollars. I don't believe they would provide the amount of insurance that you desire. I'll keep checking and let you know. I am not aware of any issues with this guitar, with the exception that I think the A pedal needs to be adjusted, it seems to have to be pushed 'way down to work as it should. The case is in great shape except for the handle, it is leather covered, and that covering is a little distorted from being shipped with the handle outside of the shipping box. It is a great instrument that has exceptional tone balance all up and down the neck, according my steel player friend, Terry Niendorf, who owns an MSA and a Carter.
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1996’Epiphone Sheraton, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.