| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA Classic S10..... Maple body.... Red Lacquer
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 1:31 pm    

This is the 3rd try here, and I am dumbfounded as to why this beautiful steel has not moved..

In incredible cond.. Gorgeous trans cherry finish that has NO fade and looks brand new.. there may be 1 or 2 tiny bar dings that you'll need your glasses to locate...

Undercarriage is as brand new.. This guitar isn't even broken in yet.. It sat under the bed for decades, as our forum friend Larry Jamison can attest to. I bought it from him..

It is SUPER decked out.. 6 pedals and 4 knees..all for an S10!!

The knees are black anodized, not brushed.., ALL metal is polished NOT brushed..

It has the built in factory distortion that was designed by MSA in house and it is KILLER!!!!..

The MSA SS pickup was rewound by Jerry Wallace.. It is a single coil bobbin in the MSA SS housing.. Looks factory, but has that distinctive TT single coil sound...19K...

The case looks like it was just built today...

I LOVE this steel, I just have no need for 2 steels right this second, and it is time to let her go....It has one home made part.. the pedal bracket for pedal 6 was unavailable, so I made one.. actually did a GREAT job on it too!!!....
Asking $1350 and I WILL PAY SHIPPING... I paid $1100 a year ago, and instantly bought 3 original MSA pedals and all related pull parts. to make it 6+4

.. I am making nothing on this guitar...

I will send pics to anyone that is SERIOUS about this guitar.. Will consider any cool trades too, or any trade/cash offers.. Guitars/amps,whatever... the older the better.... Lots of other GREAT gear will be going up for sale too...
its time to downsize I think...
anyway, about this exceptional MSA, email me with your phone #.. I'll call and we can talk... geez I'll even play all 3 of the licks I know on it!!.. Happy New Year to all my forum friends!!... bob
John Cox

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 2:31 pm    

Bob, Does it have the "Day" or "Emmons" set-up? J.C.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 2:53 pm    

Emmons 123 pedal setup.... but pedals 456 and all my knees are radical and so ass backward, that most players will need to set it to thier own copedent.. I may consider setting it up to the buyers specs, but that may possibly delay delivery time ... bob
Steve Norman

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 3:14 pm    

Id like to see some pics
Looking for an s-10, I have a few guitars and a roland space echo tape echo. I'm sure we could work something out

Steve

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 3:26 pm    

I tried to send you a pm, but my computer is an idiot Winking

My email link should work tho

Steve

Menifee, California, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 5:25 pm    

Bob, I just sent you a pm.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 6:05 pm    

I would like to see pictures also, I may or may not be interested, but this might make a nice addition to the "MSA Museum" LOL.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 7:02 pm    

Last time I tried to post pics, I blew up the screen size.. I will get some up within a day or so...bob
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 7:07 pm     Hey Bob

Try me, Doug Seymour, in Jamestown.....I'll come give it a look this weekend if you'll tell me HT find you.
I'm a steel mechanic & know all about MSAs and HT work on them. Is this the Classic, plywood steel or the SS model? maple body?
Joe Drivdahl

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 7:26 pm     Sounds Nice

Bob,
Does the guitar know those west coast, speed picking licks? Thats what I need. A guitar that already knows how to do them.

I wish I was in the market for a new guitar. I'd really like to get my hands on a nice MSA, but I'd have to sell my Magnum, which could be a possibility I suppose. Not getting along too good the the C6 neck anyway.

Joe
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 7:55 pm    

Doug, MSA Classic.. maple/lacquer body.. no mica.. this is not the SS body..
Joe, I will leave all 3 of my "hot" speed licks in the guitar for the buyer.. I can't play them these days anyhow... too old... bob
Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 8:09 pm     MSA S10 w/6 & 4

Bob, email me at doug.seymour@ gmail.com..... and let's talk about this steel.......sounds interesting!? I thought I might have your address as we talked one time about a bass buddy of mine who years ago taught in Candor. He's now retired up in Brooktondale NY, but plays his fine old Martin flat top every day! Nice singer! Great pal! He's the bass man in the Sunset Rambler pictures ..... do a search & you'll see up in all our glory! back in 1947 & 8 Let's save b0b's web space!What's this baby weigh?? 50~lbs?
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2007 8:46 pm    

Darvin don't ask for any pictures, you'll have to have it. I've seen the pic's before, its PURDY!!!! Very Happy
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 8:32 am    

to those folks with trade offers..

I think I will have to forego trades right now.. This and tons of other gear will be sold, and I will just buy the gear I actually need as I need it...
I just have too much stuff that sits and sits and never gets used.. If I swap ,I'll just have different gear that doesn't get used.. Its time to let more than half of what I own go... Price is as stated in opening post...Please email directly with any serious interest, and I will send pics to those that are seriously considering purchase of this exceptional MSA... bob
Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 9:43 am     address ?

Bob, we can't e-mail you direct with out an address?
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 10:07 am    

bullet_bob@lycos.com
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 1:56 pm    

To those that inquired...I have sent out a few pics to guys that emailed direct.. I can't attach pics to forum "in house" emails.. if you haven't got them, its because I don't have your private email address...please mail me direct.. bullet_bob@lycos.com..
pics keep coming out poorly.. Its a dark log cabin and either they are dark, or if I add light, it looks like its dayglo pink...You'll get the idea.. I had some better ones, but deleted them long ago sorry bout that... bob
Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 3:15 pm    

Here is a link to bob's post when he got the MSA with pictures.

here
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 4:26 pm    

Happy New year Bob, Russ and all! I'll agree with Bob, I can't for the life of me figure out why this beauty is still up for sale. If I hit the lottery tomorrow night it will be mine...Fuh reel!
Duncan
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 4:34 pm    

Wow thanks Russ... and happy New Year to you and yours Duncan.. These are better than the lousy pics I took today... anyway there it is..still no solid commitments, lots of inquiries.. first $1350 takes it, and that includes shipping... $1300 if you can come get it.. bob
Steve Norman

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 4:47 pm    

kay echo and twin?

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 4:50 pm    

If it's not too much trouble Bob, on the off chance that I actually do hit the lottery, could you please get a little more specific about how radically ass backwards all those pedals and knees really are? Thanks, Duncan
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 6:16 pm    

RKR= E-Eb
RKL= E-F
LKL=F# -G# string 1
LKR=E-Eb-D string 2
Pedals 123 Emmons..
Pedal 4=G#-F# string 3
Pedal 5=G#-F# string 6
Pedal 6=B-A string 5
pedal 5 and 2= split to G ..
as you can see, it is set up for a paranoid schizo...It will need to be set up for a "normal" player...bob
Stan Paxton

1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 8:36 pm    

Duncan,
Go ahead, you know you gotta have it ! What a beautiful instrument. If Bob could talk trade, I might be interested.
Blessed Happy New Year to Bob & Duncan; have a Great 2008 Cool
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 5:52 am    

Quote:
Last time I tried to post pics, I blew up the screen size

Try again, Bob.

There were some changes to the Forum software a few months ago. Pictures should be automatically resized now. If in doubt, try posting them in the TESTING section.