| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  For Sale: Zum Universal 12
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2007 8:56 pm    

Zum Universal 12, built in 1985, 7 and 5. Nice condition, plays great, sounds great. Emmons set up on the pedals. I've tried pedal steel a number of times in my life, this instrument should be owned by someone who really can play pedal steel...I should stick to instuments I actually can play.

Price is firm at $2500.00, I will ship ground to US zip codes. Feel free to email or call with any questions, thanks, Michael

Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1996’Epiphone Sheraton, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2007 6:14 am     A little nudge to the top....

Bumpity Bump Bump ^^^^^
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1996’Epiphone Sheraton, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2007 8:04 am     plays great

michael: i can vouch for that guitar, it plays and sounds great....thanks jack
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2007 8:35 am     Thanks, Jack,

Yes, it does, when the right player is sitting behind it. I've enjoyed it, but I'll never be a good pedal player. Hope all is well with you and yours, Merry Christmas, Jack!
Terry Niendorf

Boise, Idaho
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2007 12:14 pm    

Hey all..... I just wanted to add kudos for this great guitar. I had the pleasure of having it in my music room for the past few months and really found out about Zum Steel quality. I can see why they have such a good share of the market. If I thought I was smart enough to make the transition from a double 10 to this 12 I would probably have it but I don't think I would be successful at this time.

Good luck Michael and we be jammin after Christmas.

By the way... Mike is our Bass player and I would match him up against almost anybody anywhere, and if he wasn't such a nice guy he would probably be mad at me for saying this about him.
Steve Norman

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2007 1:07 pm    

you got mail

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2007 11:12 pm     Thanks, Terry Niendorf,

Hey, buddy, good to hear from you, and thanks for the kind words...travel safe, and we'll look forward to some great sessions after the holidays! -Michael
Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2007 1:57 am    

I owned that guitar for about twenty years, and truley regret selling it. It's a wonderful instrument, evidently I didn't know what it was worth when I sold it.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2007 6:50 pm     Thanks for the post, Howard,

Thanks for the post, Howard. I thought that before I gave up on pedal steel, I should try a really nice, smooth U12 with a great sound and great action. Even that one couldn't make me a steel player. But I've sure enjoyed toying with it, and I won't be to distressed if it doesn't sell. I'm retiring at the end of 2008, and then I might regret letting it go. I've got quite a list of instruments I've let get away in the past 40+ years, and you probably do to. Merry Christmas! - Michael
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 5:13 pm     One last bump,

One last bump before I request b0b close this, I've sold a couple of other toys and may hold on to it for now, thanks for all the inquiries
David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 8:08 pm    

One of the best unis ever made. There is a long wait for these babies from the manufacturer. Maybe the timing right after Xmas is not good. But eventually this baby should be snapped up.
Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 8:11 pm    

I have a question...
In the changer, right below the lowest lowering-finger rod hole, and above the spring tension screws...
What is that row of holes for?
thx,
~pb

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 8:31 pm     Thanks, guys,

Thanks, David, it is a fine instrument. Peter, I'll confess I'm not certain what purpose that row of holes serves in the changer. There are 3 hex head screws in that row, rather smaller than the others in the changer, but I cannot see what if any function they perform. Someone more familiar with this particular changer may want to comment. It appears that there are some nylon stops beside some of those smaller screws.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 9:33 pm    

on my 82 zum there is a row of screws at the bottom of the changer that adjust the return position of the changer finger...enabling you to finely adjust the center point...balancing the over/under return.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2008 8:38 am     Thanks, Chris,

Thanks, Chris, that would make sense. To Mark in the UK, I've received your email, but when I attempt to answer you, my mail is returned, do you have an alternate email address? thanks, Michael
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2008 12:12 pm     Please close this one, b0b, and thanks to all who replied,

Bob, please close this for now. There has been some inquiries, but this one will stay with me for the present time. There are some Forum members who expressed real interest, and are trying to get in a position to send me $$$. If that happens, a donation is on the way to the Forum. -Michael