| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons PP info request.
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2007 9:58 pm    

I just purchased an Emmons push pull D10 and have a few questions about its history, if anyone can help.

The serial number is 6699, there is no letter, such as D or L, just the numbers 6699 located on the bottom of changer for E9. It is a Rosewood, D10, glossy mica with black narrow Legrande type pedals. The four knee levers are also black.

Does anyone have any idea when this was built and why it has such a high serial number for a push pull?

It looks like the C6 neck has never been tuned as the red paint on the screws is still in place.

Also interesting is the Emmons logo has a brown backbround rather than black. (white lettering.)

The little knob on the neck switch is missing. Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks for you help.

Marvin
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2007 12:22 am    

Quote:
Also interesting is the Emmons logo has a brown backbround rather than black. (white lettering.)

Marvin that's common on a Rosewood. The pedals are LeGrande type.I'd say it's of of the last ones.But can't remember what years that was.However there are a lot of guys here that do know. Maybe they'll check in soon........bb
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2007 7:06 am    

I owned #6437 at one time and that was supposed to have been a 1983 model.
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2007 8:04 am    

Marvin, You can buy the PP neck selector switch knob from the Stewart-MacDonald catalog: Part # 0021-B (Black) "Tele Hi-hat Style Switch Knob" for a $1.86 plus shipping.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/Tele_Hi-hat_Style_Switch_Knob.html
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2007 10:33 am    

Bobby, Erv and Robert
Thank you for the quick reply and the information. I suspected it was a late model Push Pull. I was just concerned about the serial number with no letter and the black pedals.

I spent some time cleaning it up and it actually tunes up except for a couple of "lower" screws that are stuck. I will get those fixed today.

Marvin.