| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  12 String pedal steel 8/5 Beautiful Cherry & Maple wood
Roger Kemp

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2007 4:52 pm    

Here are more pics and Info.
First off thanks for checking out this awesome instrument. I need to pre-face this auction by saying that this is not a beginner PSG or one that should be considered by someone that has always wanted one. This is a custom, handmade, there is only one in the world kind of guitar. It has a lot of bells and whistles, and if you are not already familiar with a PSG you WILL be buying something that will frustrate the desire to play right out of you. That being said let me introduce you.

This machine was made by Mr.Reg Diller of HMS Guitars in Waynesboro, PA in the late 80's to early 90's. His machine work is impecable and inovative, many of his design concepts have been used by GMS, Dekley, and Emmonds. She features a keyless head which reduces the body length by about 4 inches. The tuning is E9/B6 with a lockout on the LKR to engage the B6, once you are done with the B6 just LKR again and it's back to E9. Very Cool!! For a pickup it has a George L . The arm rest is a soft calf skin leather. Yes, that is a Sho-Bud fingerboard, I needed a replacement and there are not many choices that looked good to me. We have 8 pedals the first 3 from the left are for E9 and the remaining 5 are for when its in B6. We have a total of 5 knee levers the 3 on the left (LKL,LKV, LKR) are for E9 and the 2 on the right (RKL,RKR) are for B6.
This guitar is in perfect working order Mr. Diller just gave it a tune up in 2006 and she has been out long enough to play silent night at Christmas last year. There are no issues in any way, shape, or form. Strings They were all changed in 2006 but I like to have extras of the light guages. The case is a beast, all of the legs and rods have their own little place inside and nothing shifts...AT ALL.

[img]

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/userpix/6857_100_0479_1.jpg[/img]

Email me your offers please no crazy offers like $700.00 We all know its worth more than a grand. I am in a selling mood and will make someone a heck of a deal Smile but I wont give it away or loose money.

Last edited by Roger Kemp on 2 Dec 2007 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2007 11:26 pm    

How many raises and lowers? Are parts available from the builder for a couple more knee levers?
Roger Kemp

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2007 5:12 am    

Mike here is the tunning chart. It was just gone thru by the owner in 2006 I would asume so but I dont know for sure.

Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2007 11:18 am    

The tuning chart is useful info but what I'm asking is how many seperate,independantly tunable raises and lowers per string is the changer capable of? According to the chart the 9th string has 3 different raises on it so it could be a triple raise changer - and really needs to be for a universal.A clear close up photo of the changer end of the guitar would probably reveal the answer to that question.Also it looks more like a regular all pull scissor finger changer rather than a push-pull. A close up of the inlay work would be a sales incentive also.
Roger Kemp

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2007 11:35 am    

Roger Kemp

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2007 3:53 pm    

Ive had a couple people ask about the changer I dont know about them. I bought this steel to turn a little proffit to help pay for my new mullen G2. What I posted on the fourm I copy'd from the person I bought it off of. I dont know about push pull changers. All I can guess is that the rods push and pull the changer. Is that right? I dont know what this is but when I use any pedal or kl they all pull the changer. No owners manual. There is an extra fret board. There are some light bar dings.

Larry Custer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2007 9:40 am    

This looks like the steel Ernie had,it is quite a steel.Well worth the cost what ever it is.It is one of a kind that's for sure
Ernie Pollock

Mt Savage, Md USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2007 6:11 am     Humm?

Yes Larry, that was one that I played for quite awhile, I sold that & it wound up on Ebay. Someone put a Shobud 10 string fretboard on it, which looks like it is just a little narrow & does not cover the 1st & 10 string. If you can live with that, guess it would be ok. I know it was well built and played like a dream when I had it. Great E's to Eb lever lock that works real nice. I have a PAC Guitar built by a good friend of the guy that built this guitar. Its on my site.

Ernie Pollock
http://www.hereintown.net/~shobud75/stock.htm