| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  has anybody tried eminence basslite speaker
Lee Bartram

Sparta, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2007 8:02 pm    

has anyone tried these in cabinet's for steel ? looks like they would be really light weight, just wondered if they would work/sound ok? or would a regular guitar speaker work better?
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2007 3:26 am    

The "Deltalite" that Evans put in some SE-200 steel amps was listed as a bass speaker on the Eminence web site.
Alan Harrison

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2007 3:23 pm     Basslite Speaker

Hi Lee, I recently put a basslite in my SE-200, and it sounded great in my music room. I have my first job with it this Saturday night here in McAllen Texas and will let you know what it sounds like after that. I do know that the 4 ohlm basslite added about one third more power to the amp. I brought the Deltalite just in case I needed to change back. The basslite is a bit more on the bright side but with a little tweeking, I have pretty much got the same sound as when the Deltalite was in the amp. I'll get back on The Forum and post my thoughts on my sound this Sunday. Alan

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Lee Bartram

Sparta, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2007 5:22 pm    

thanks to both of you guys for the replys.i think i'll try one myself.
Alan Harrison

Post  Posted 30 Nov 2007 9:42 am     Basslite Speaker!

We had band practice last night in a fairly nice sized room, the Basslite in the SE-200 sounded awesome using both the profex II and going straight from the guitar to the amp. I think it is a keeper.
I realize that we are all looking for a sound that pleases our ear, so I can't speak for anyone else but I like the sound as did the rest of the band.

Alan Harrison

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2007 4:42 am     Basslite Speaker A Winner

Had a dance last night at one of the local ELKS Clubs here in McAllen, was the first time out for the SE200 with the basslite rather than the Deltalite speaker. I could not be anymore pleased. I think the basslite in the SE is a winner. For my ear, the tone was somewhat richer than the Delta and the sound was very clear. I had the volume set on 4 and 3 and had all the headroom I needed. I am pleased with the change....Alan

Lee Bartram

Sparta, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2007 5:53 am    

i was used to having sound on both sides of me from using my rack unit.so i put an 8 ohm basslite in my Nashville 112 and added an external jack for another 8 ohm speaker cabinet,thus bringing the load back down to 4 ohms it really works well.to me it sounds about the same as the original speaker except a lot fuller since you hear it on both sides plus both pieces are really light weight.