| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Remember this thread ?
Adrian Schafgans

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2007 6:53 am    

Just wanted to follow up and let you guys know that I got the sho-bud back today in one piece. Well, other than no pedals, rods, or a case. but the body and legs are fine. Adrian did a very good job packing it up. Im going to send him some money as soon as I get paid. I feel lucky. Thanks for everyones help and concern with getting it back. hopefully I can save some money and get it up and running soon.
Im getting impatient. Im wondering if I should just contact the guy, tell him the story, and offer to pay shipping + a reward in hopes that he might have some shred of decency. I know thats some wishfull thinking, but the fact is Im in Arkansas with no help from the police out there. Even when I obtain the serial number, they still arent going to do anything. If I win the auction hes just going to deny its stolen and sell it to the next highest bidder.
Good news!!! I talked to him and hes sending it out today. He turned out to be decent guy. He found it at a flea market. Thanks for everyones help and support. One thing he told me of the bat was that i had a lot of people looking out for me. Obviously he was talking about all of you guys on the forum. There is nothing else in the musical world like the steel community! Thanks I KEPT MY WORD .

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2007 7:09 pm    

Hey Adrian, Welcome to the forum!! I can't believe nobody has responded to your threads. I hope all parties involved get together and do what's right. Hang in there. And don't give up.
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2007 3:44 pm     I remember it well....

Adrian, I remember it well. Actually there were a few threads running back and forth about the whole issue as I remember. I have been a forum member since 98 or 99. ( I can't remember when it was exactly.) and although I rarely post... I did manage a post on that one.
I have been watching the three threads that you recently started and hoping that a few people would post, but no one has. Sad So I guess I will.
I can't believe that you never even received a "thank you I received the guitar email." What a kick in the pants that must have been after buying a guitar at a flea market.....then packing it up and shipping it to the rightful owner after you were informed of the situation. Well, you did the right thing.
Not much respect for that these days I guess. Like you, I buy and sell a lot on eBay...often going to flea markets, yard sales, and second hand stores to procure items to sell. I have bought a lot of things that I considered deals An old Mesa Boogie for 300.00 at a yard sale, a FADA radio for 20.00 at a flea market ( I got over 2K for that one on eBay Very Happy ) and the list goes on. Often times I have wondered about what the history of the item I have bought and sold has been. As of yet I have not been confronted with the situation that you found yourself in. If it ever happens I can only hope that I will be able to act as you did....pull it together and do the right thing. You are a musician as many of us are (If you played with Jim Campialongo quite a good one I would imagine)so you realize the attachment we tend to have to our instruments and gear.
Anyway, I hate to ramble on. I just wanted to say Thank You for doing the right thing. I hope other forum members will echo my thanks and post a reply to your thread(s)
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2007 5:01 pm    

Adrian, I'm wonderin if the same individuals from this original thread that were quick to jump on the bandwagon and conclude that you were in the wrong will now come forth and help you to get reimbursed. You could very easily had kept the guitar but instead went out of your way to do the right thing and help someone get back a guitar they lost. The owner of the guitar got overwhelming support from folks here on the Forum and it's only right that the same consideration be extended to you.

Last edited by Andy Sandoval on 22 Nov 2007 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
James Morehead

Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 1:55 am    

TTT
James Morehead

Post  Posted 22 Nov 2007 4:09 pm    

TTT
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2007 7:49 am    

TTT
Bo Legg

Post  Posted 25 Nov 2007 12:25 pm    

Looks like somebody forgot.
James Morehead

Post  Posted 25 Nov 2007 3:22 pm    

At least one thing is cleared up over this issue---we know who has a "shred of decency". Good for you, Adrian, your word is good. It's a shame you didn't get your money first before you sent the goods. It's a shame to think you would even NEED to get your money first, especially in a case such as one giving his word to you, when you were so gracious.

A man's word should be worth more than $140. But then again, we tend to put our own price tag on our reputation, don't we. It's a matter of principle, and we live with that principle.
John Kingsley

Los Angeles, CA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2007 4:21 pm    

Adrian,

Thanks for sending the guitar back, a lesser man would have shrugged it off as poor luck (and many have) and not their problem, but not you...

Anyway, I would hope that the owner stays true to his word, as you did to yours, and reimburses you. Good karma, it's the right thing...and maybe it will help other sellers like yourself do the right thing if they know that they won't be financially affected!
Tim Bridges

Hoover, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2007 4:52 pm    

Well Alex? How can you hide after this decent human being did you a HUGE favor? This really sucks!
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2007 8:39 am    

TTT
Melbert 8, Remington S8, Silk 6 string, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Prestige Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
James Morehead

Post  Posted 28 Nov 2007 4:41 pm    

TTTD