| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA D10 SS Classic
Brian Ostrom

Old Chelsea Quebec Canada
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 5:08 pm    

I have a nice D10 short body MSA that still plays a sweet as ever for sale It's got 8 and 5 with the standard changes and can be set up to your preference.It has a BL 601 on the E9th and the standard SS pickup on the C6th. Comes with the original hard shell case (beat up but functional) or a new $600.00 travel case. (see picture)
as well as a volume pedal,a bar and picks, 2 spare sets of strings per neck . The guitar was built by Bud Carter around the mid 80's I believe and still plays like a new one. I had it looked at last year by Al Brisco and he said it works great other than needing a cleaning underneath.I'd like to get $1800 for it with the new case but make me an offer I can't refuse. I'm reachable by phone @ 819 827-3440
Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 6:02 pm    

I'm trying to post additional picture so please be patients If teh computer was like a fret board I'd b
e a bit wiser !! Laughing
Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 6:04 pm    

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 6:28 pm    

Very Very pretty Brian. Looks like you've taken really great care of that nice MSA. I'm a confirmed "ZB Nut", but have always appreciated beauty of a well preserved and loved MSA Classic SS lacquer, such as yours. I played one much like yours at Billy Cooper's store in Virginia several years back and thought it was great. I guess what I am rambling toward saying is...Fantastic Steel. Best of luck on the sale too.
Duncan
Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 6:48 pm    

Thanks for the kind words Duncan Maybe we'll hook up this winter at the monthly Steel mtg around your neck of the woods. I head down for the month of April to Sarasota and tour around looking for steel jams and gigs . heading up your way so you never know. Steel is already spoken for so that took about half an hour. What a fantastic service that Bob and the gang provide to us . Kuddo's to all of them !!
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 7:44 pm    

Congratulations on the sale, Brian. Let me know when you get down here and I'll take you for a spin around the backyard in my luxury vessel.

Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 19 Nov 2007 8:29 pm    

Are you anywhere close to Lake Panasoffkee?I hear they have agood monthly meeting /jam there?
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 3:50 am     MSA D10

I would love to buy this guitar but you don't take credit cards since you are in canada, but it is sure pretty, one of the most sought after guitars, like sho-Bud's.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 9:02 am    

I have the twin to this one, and these are very good playing and sounding guitars. There's not much difference in the playability of this one and my new MSA Legend. These guitars were way ahead of their time, and were unlike anything else available in the mid to late '70's and early '80's. They were a highly precision machine, even back then, before CNC machining equipment.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 12:15 pm     MSA D10

The MSA SS and the MSA SS XL are the most sought out guitars, due to their wood bodies, the newer MSA has much more technology to keep it in tune better and for lighter weight, it is computer designed for a tighter response in sound and higher assembly quality than past MSA's.
Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 2:25 pm    

The guitar is still for sale .
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 2:42 pm    

Hey Brian, sorry the first deal fell through. Another will be along directly. If I happen to find a big bag of money in my bushes, I'll be in touch. Your MSA is incredible.
I don't actually live close to Lake Pan, but I work pretty near there. I live over near Daytona. They do have a great jam there. Great food at Catfish Johnny's too.
Duncan
Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 3:44 pm    

Darvin, it's not a twin, it's a triplet, i've got the third one. These are very, very good guitars.
Exceptional quality, worksmanship, playability...
For instance, they don't need return compensators to stay perfectly in tune.
It should sell in a heartbeat.

Uffe
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 4:00 pm    

Ulf, we're probably part of a large family actually Smile I've seen a few more like this come and go on the Forum and on Ebay. Someone needs to grab this one it would take a lot more than Brian's asking price to get mine. Thanks again, Herb Steiner. Smile
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Ulf Edlund

Umeå, Sweden
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2007 4:14 pm     a large family

Yes Darvin, and a happy family we are Smile
Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 25 Nov 2007 2:32 pm    

I'm going to add this factor to the deal!!
I'd really look hard at a Evans JE200 Hybird with a 12" speaker or a AH 200 and 12" speaker combo as a partial trade. I just have to lighten the load on my back to get to and from gigs. I went to a SD10 Williams and that is the only reason I'm selling the MSA guitar. I am happy with the new guitar but still prefer the warm sound of the MSA with the wooden necks. This old girl can hold her own on any stage. She has impresed a lot of MSA (disbelievers) over the years. Anyone want to talk barter ? Last week to post. If she dosen't move,she's staying here with me.I don't mind hanging on to her . Oh Well
L. M. English

Augusta, GA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2007 3:59 pm     MSA D10

Brian, I will make an offer on this one. I will pay $1,400.00 and shipping for the guitar and the original case. Let me know if this is acceptible to you. Thanks, L.M.English
Brian Ostrom

Post  Posted 3 Dec 2007 8:49 pm     MSA SS is Sold - Please close this post

The guitar has been sold and heading south. (On Santa's sleigh) Donation is forthcoming pending payment . Thank you