| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The best of the best has been hiding................
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2007 10:03 am    

EDDIE CUNNINGHAM.........How about putting some fine examples of your playing here on the Forum for the rest of us to enjoy?
For starters, how about the Chisolm Brothers and the Country Squires...."Blues Coming In"?
You've been maintaining a profile that's entirely to LOW!
Come on now.........let's be sharing, okay?
Ray Montee

Post  Posted 11 Nov 2007 4:17 am     You olde geezer.............

Hey Eddie Cunningham, where are you?
Jay Yuskaitis

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2007 5:39 am    

I AGREE! Jay Y.
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2007 8:45 am     Old GEEZER Picking ???

Come on "Ray and Jay" ( hey , I'm a poet and don't know it !! ) My old geeze pickin is so old style that I would be ashamed to have these young hot kid pickers hear it !! Plus I don't have any clue how to put music on the Forum !! Jay , you and I and Larry have to get together. My D-8 Rick is pretty well in tune by now and I've got a new "tuning changer gadget" that I've installed and is working out pretty well !! Gives me 5 different chords on my A-6th neck !! And Ray , when you get sick and tired of that old "Volu-Tone" amp I'll take her off your hands !! Good luck to all !! Eddie "C" ( the ole geeze )
Charles Rodrigues

Tiverton, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2007 7:05 pm    

See Eddie, I am not the only one who wants you to put out some tab. Remember I recently asked you if you had tab for the Hawaiian Wedding Song? Come on and share. Pleeeeeeeezzzzzee!

Chuck

Last edited by Charles Rodrigues on 13 Nov 2007 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 8:15 am     TAB ???

Hi Chuck !! The only "tab" I know is the tab I get stuck with when we go out to dinner !! Hawaiian Wedding Song is a beautiful tune !! I copied Jerry Byrds version . I'll make a copy of that song on tape if you want ?? Eddie "C" ( the old geezer )
Charles Rodrigues

Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 9:46 am    

Thanks Eddie,

I appreciate that. I hope I can do the song justice on the Fry Pan.

Chuck
Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 10:49 am    

Some time ago, Eddie C. sent me a tape of an old recording he played on (1949 - Ray Schacht (Carl Stuart))that I had been looking for for a long time. He also included a number of songs on the tape of him playing. I love listening to it. I would love to have some Eddie C. tab. HINT...HINT...HINT
Bill Fall

Richmond, NH, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 12:00 pm    

The 1st real live steel picker I ever laid eyes & ears on in real-time was the venerable Mr. C, back when was 17. Eddie was playin' a stand-up straight-neck Fender he'd rigged for pedals with toilet chains! I kid you not! He was a tall, lean lookin' dude wearin' a cowboy hat, and the gals just loved him! So I said to myself: Gotta get me one o' them...cowboy hats! On me the hat did nothin', so years later I got me a steel, too. Still don't fetch the women -- go figure! Which only goes to show how good Eddie really is!

Kidding aside, I agree: Eddie's an utter master of the old school of steel. He and I long played together in the Chisholm Brothers' Country Squires (now how'd Ray Montee hear 'bout them?), and lately I get to look forward to our occasional Friday night get-togethers & hearing Eddie play the Hawaian Wedding Song as only he can. Yeah, amigo, you definitely should do a YouTube!
Charles Rodrigues

Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 2:56 pm    

You know, I did the same thing back in the late 50's with the toilet chains, pulling strings on my lap steel to get that pedal steel guitar sound. I didn't know Eddie C. back then, but I know him now. Come on Eddie, bring out the tab. Not tab soda!

Chuck
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 4:31 pm     Gawd , what is "TAB" ???

If I could tab I would !! I used to TAP dance ?? Is that close ?? And I know about TAPping a keg !! And I knew a pussy cat named TABBY ?? But I am too dumb and old to TAB !!! I'll hum the tune if that will help ?? HELP !! ( Who started this torment ??? )Eddie "C" ( the old dumb geezer )>> Wait till you see my old D-7 Rick with the Multi-harp-chord-changing tuning changer lever contraption !!
Charles Rodrigues

Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 4:43 pm    

Eddie,

I love all your lap steel contraptions, but we steel want tab!!!!!!!!

Your new haunt!

Chuck
Ray Montee

Post  Posted 13 Nov 2007 5:00 pm     Ray Montee knows................and so does 'the SHADOW'..

Bill Fall........perhaps you can get one of Eddie's famous hit recordings up on the FORUM or U-Tube?
That would be a real public service. We Forumites are anxious for some of that new 'talent' and I'm afraid "Eddie" is going to try and avoid us as much as possible.

Okay.........the word is out and we're all WAITING!!!
Ten days should be adequate, right?
Bill Fall

Richmond, NH, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2007 6:58 am     To Ray Montee

Ray, I'm as short in converting-to-digital skills as the self-proclaimed "old geezer" says he is in tabbing abilities. But I'll inquire to see if one of our technically more enlightened local Forumites, like maybe Tommy Cass, could give it a try.
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2007 8:30 am     "BUNCH OF TROUBLE MAKERS !! ??"

Hey , I'm going back to the wagon !! These shoes are killing me !! What are youse guys up to anyway ??? Bill, I'll see you Friday nite at "Jerrys Jam"!!! Eddie "C: ( the old tabless , clueless ole geezer )