| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Loretta LYnn on A and E
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2001 7:06 pm    

Lorretta Lynn is on A and E right now"Live by Request" and a steel man featured with a single Emmons on a double frame. But it looks like a lot of pedal rods. Does he have the only legrand S12?.Who is he?...al

[This message was edited by Al Marcus on 15 March 2001 at 07:23 PM.]

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2001 8:14 pm    

I thought it was a D-10. I think the credits said it was Perry Curtis but it went by pretty fast, it was hard to read. I thought it was a great show and a couple of new songs that were super. Maybe this is what we need for the swing to start back toward country. Randy Schruggs is her producer and I thought it all sounded great. At least we can hope. It sure did bring back a lot of memories.
Bill Sharpe

Hermitage, TN 37076, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2001 8:51 pm    

I believe the steel player was Perley Curtis and a fine one he is.looked like he was playing a D-10 Emmons LeGrande. The show was fun, and had call-in requests for songs by Loretta from around the country. We need more traditional 2 hour country specials like this one.

------------------
B#

[This message was edited by Bill Sharpe on 15 March 2001 at 08:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bill Sharpe on 15 March 2001 at 08:54 PM.]

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2001 4:28 am    

The titles did fly by..just as the steel players fingers..He was great..and vaguely familier. Loreta IS A CLASS ACT. She has always (as did the other great past country acts) surround herself with outsatnding musucians.. This version of the "Coalminers" were way up there..Loreta is having a time on some of her material..bot the band KNOWS how to Keep her going. And Her daughters the LYNNS..What can you say..Why CAN't they make as did the Chicks,McCains,and The Utah girls?
A&E IS giving country music a boost
Bob
Curt Olsen

St. Paul,Mn USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2001 4:29 am    

I thought it was a good show, lots of shots of the steel and they actually cut the camaras in at the right time.I thought the steel could have been a little louder in the mix, but all in all a good show.Very good steel playing.

------------------
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2001 9:28 am    

Hi again, it was a Emmons Legrand,but I don't think a Lashley Legrand. It looked to me like the bottom neck was padded or bare. It looked like 8 pedals, but one neck loaded. The bottom neck was cut out at the changer, but nothing there. Maybe it it was originally a D10, but now a U10? Help, anyone know?.......al
Abe Stoklasa

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2001 12:15 pm    

That was one heck of a steel player! Perley Curtis! Loretta Lynn got over 1,000,000 phone calls during that show! That just proves that there ARE real country fans out there! YA HEAR THAT NASHVILLE????