| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Greg Leisz with Bill Frisell live
Todd Pertll

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2007 9:47 am    

Bill Frisell is doing a series of shows right now under the name "Disfarmer". Its a 3 piece group with Greg Leisz on pedal steel, lap, dobro, and acoustic guitar. Also Jenny Scheinman plays violin.

I saw the show in Chicago this weekend and can't recommend it enough. If it is coming anywhere near you do what ever it takes to make it out.

I am a huge fan of Greg's and he did not disappoint. Effortlessly switching between all of the above mentioned instruments he played more lyrically then I could have ever imagined.

Most of the tunes were new, based on a series of photographs of farmers and their families in Arkansas from the 30's and 40'. But there were also some great covers. "Your Cheating Heart" and "That's Alright Momma" were some of the highlights.

check out Bill's site for shows dates.

http://www.billfrisell.com/
Stephan Miller

Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2007 4:06 pm    

Todd, thanks! Found out this trio is in Baltimore the next 2 nights. Mighty tempting...
Dave Stagner

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2007 9:50 am    

I saw them in Minneapolis last saturday. It's amazing. Don't miss it! Beyond just the steel aspect of it, Bill Frisell is a national treasure, my favorite contemporary guitarist. And he and Greg Leisz have been playing together for years and really know what they're doing.
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2007 1:07 pm    

I think is the last stop for them next Tues,That's where I'll Beez. Laughing
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Stephan Miller

Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2007 2:57 pm    

Well, I missed the Baltimore shows, but I've moved on. Tonight I'm missing Jerry Douglas, Edgar Meyer & Sam Bush! Rolling Eyes Oh Well