| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Feb 24-25 Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Jam
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2000 5:15 am    

We wish to announce the 9th annual Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Jam being held at the historic Electric Park Ballroom in Waterloo, Iowa on Feb 24-25, 2001. An array of 28 steel players from six midwestern states is confirmed for this fun event, including Scotty and Joe Wright! In addition, Joe Wright is doing a seminar on Friday, February 23. During the Jam, two individuals will be awarded scholarships in our new Jump Start Academy. The Heartland Inn is the host motel and reservations need to be made by Feb. 22 to obtain their $55 rate. Anyone interested in more information is invited to email me. ...Lefty
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2000 6:52 am    

^bump
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2001 6:42 am    

^bump
Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2001 10:29 am    

Hey Lefty, just to let you know, Gail and I have made our reservation for your show. Will see you at the end of February. I know you will have a great lineup, and for those of you who have never attended this show, you owe it to yourself to take a trip to Waterloo, and see some of the best players in the upper midwest.

Dennis

------------------
MSA S-10 Sidekick
Gorilla Amp with MR-1 Effects Processor
pedalman@uswest.net
visit our web page for Minnesota Steel Guitar Association
www.geocities.com/mnpedalman/index.html

Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2001 4:53 pm    

^
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2001 8:36 am    

Hey Dennis! Good to hear from you and I look forward to visiting w/ you at the Jam on February 24-25. And as usual, I expect you'll be accompanied by other Minnesotans. ...Lefty
Curt Olsen

St. Paul,Mn USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2001 4:37 am    

Looking foward to attending the show again this year.Who's all going to be there ? For you people that have never been to Waterloo for this show, don't miss it....Great show.
Sage

Boulder, Colorado
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2001 12:16 pm    

I'm looking forward to it also. It'll be my first time there. Hi Lefty- could you tell me more about the Joe Wright seminar on Friday? Thanks.
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2001 2:51 am    

^bump
Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2001 5:00 pm    

^bump
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2001 4:02 pm    

I believe Keith Hilton will be here this year representing Hilton Electronics and also scheduled to play? I haven't seen a final schedule, but this event seems to be getting bigger at a quick rate. I might add that the house backup band is excellent and the sound system was great last year.
Dennis
Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2001 7:02 pm    

I was raised In Clarion...five miles west of old 69 on highway 3...and they've been having some baaaaad weather back there. Hope It cooperates for you guys. But then we've got around four feet here In Flagstaff Arizona and more coming. But what we got Is about gone on the south side of everything. No wind though and hasn't been below 0 yet. 16 months and 17 days we're moving to Phoenix....but who's counting.

Bob Carlson

Uff Da!

[This message was edited by Bob Carlson on 13 February 2001 at 07:03 PM.]

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2001 9:42 pm    

I am looking forward to having a booth and playing on this show. These are really nice people. I found out from some music friends in Ottumwa that it is 10 hours from Branson. I played in Waterloo with the Clay Campbell Show Band in 1978. As I remember, it was a big place called the Starlite. Have I got that mixed up with some other place? We played so many places up north it is hard to remember them all. There was this really nice place called "Porky's". I know that was in Iowa some place. Maybe that is the one I am thinking about? I've been thinking about what I should play on the Show. I've made up my mind to just wing it. Just play what I feel like playing as we get into it. I think that makes it more exciting.
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2001 7:19 am    

Hi Keith...
Good to hear you can make it to Waterloo. There is a Starlite ballroom. Can't remember where it is? I think Northwest of Wateroo? This is the Electric Park Ballroom. Grand old ballroom! Many of the old ballrooms from the 30s and 40s have been torn down. It is kind of a nostalgic treat to play one of these big places.
You'll find the back up band VERY capable. You'll enjoy having Roger Miller (lead guitar) working with you.
You'll have a good and enjoyable weekend. I know Lefty and I are using a Hilton pedal. Not sure how many others? It will be some good area exposure for a pedal I wouldn't be without.
Dennis
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2001 4:12 pm    

Dennis, it will be good to get out of Branson. I need a break! Hope the weather is OK. This time of year anything can happen. We are going to leave Friday morning and should arrive late Friday evening. I'm not bringing my two Nashville 400 amps, as Lefty said he would have a couple to use.
Albert Svenddal

Minneapolis, MN
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2001 7:47 pm    

Hey Lefty and crew. Looking forward to being there. You have a great staff band and am excited about being there on Sunday...Albert Svenddal

------------------