| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  East Tenn/SW Virgnia JAM
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2001 9:10 pm    

It's Official:
The NEW (as I know it)First Annual East Tennessee/ South West Virgina Pedal Steel(OPEN) Jam IS ON.
The date:
Sunday February 25 2001. It will be held at the Church Hill VFW Post at VFW Drive. Just off US 11W and Silver Lake Rd (or drive) behind the new Food City in Church Hill, Tennessee. We will start at 1pm and continue to about 8pm depending on the number of pickers that we have. Please let me know if you want to participate. For the first time out..we will be using primarally local and regional talant. This is an open Jam..so all are invited. There will be a small charge of $5.00 entrance (no charge for under 16 yrs) to cover rental,staffing and other unforseen expenses. For this first open jam, it will be a family entertainment affair, therefore..no alcholic beverages will be served. We will have soft drinks,coffee , tea,sandwiches and snacks, available.
We have a staff band ready, but will appreciate any volunteers for relief. Please contact me at this forum, or my Email (GrouchyVet@Gateway.net) or Tel 423-357-9275 if you plan to attend,pick or whatever. Venders are welcome for the same entrance charge.
This is a nice and fairly large location with plenty of parking and easy access. Please help us make this an exciting event here in East Tenn. Please also SUPPORT the pedal steel events where ever and whenever you can. WE ARE A UNIQUE FAMILY.
Thanks..and thanks Bob for this forum
Bob Hayes (the new guy in town)
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 6:21 am    

Bob,
Good luck with the new show. I'm sure you're gonna have alot of Steelers in that area who will benefit from it.

Nick Reed
Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 9:29 am    

Damnation! 12 years in SW Virginia, I move away, and NOW you have a jam!
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 4:28 pm    

Nick, Thank you for your support. Your SuperJam IV realy inspired me. I have recieved some good feed back indicating an interest for this type of fellowship to showcase our local talent, espescially since the demise of the Knoxville funtion. We are hping for a good turn out and a lot of support from pedal steel enthusiest.

Steve, If I thought you were going to Nevada (one of my old stomping grounds) I would have moved to East Tenn sooner!. Seriously Steve..Since I moved here about 7 months ago from the upstate of South Carolina..I discovered that there was a lot of talent, and am just trying to bring it all together. It is a labor of love (for the pedal steel). I hope it works. Everyone in the Tri Cities area..WE NEED YOU!!! Thanks Bob Hayes the Grouchy Vet
Fred Layman

Springfield, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 8:26 pm    

Bob, glad to hear you took the plunge. I still owe you some materials I promised. I'm tied up until 10:30 AM, but may try to make it from Sevierville.
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2001 7:25 am    

Hi Bob
I reckon I'm about seventy miles away - if I don't get a paying job that day (unlikely!) I'll be there.
I'd be glad to bring a Telecaster and give the guitar player a break.
I haven't been in this area long - it'll be fun to meet all you guys!
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2001 2:57 pm    

Fred,
We'll be here till at least 8PM or untill everyone is tired. I'll hold a spot open for you. Mike Sweeny says that he'll be here and maybe bring Bryan Adams along and Jerry Staley if he can contact him.
Roger..Its about 60 miles from Ashville to Johnson City..and then another 20 miles tho Church Hill..It takes me about 11/2 to go to Ashville (flying Low) I know your a busy man..but we can hold a spot..I'm still waiting for more of the locals to verify..but things are falling into place. Thanks BOB for this forum.
Bob Hayes East Tenn/SW Virg (or TRI CITIES) JAM
Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2001 11:58 pm    

Hey Bob, I just got an e-mail from a steel player friend in Roanoke,Va. named Jerry Flemming and he said he was coming. I hope a bunch from up there comes, it will be like old home week. I haven't seen some of those guys since I moved to Nashville several years back. I hope to see everybody there. I hate I missed the Lexington,Ky. show but I was in no shape to do it but I'm hoping I'll be up to par for this event. Take care, Mike Sweeney
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2001 6:53 am    

Mike, Talked to Eddie Trent last night at his gig. He said that he was sure to get Bryan and a couple of others. Jerry Fleming Emailed me and said that he IS coming. There are plenty of affordable hotels near by for any one that will be traveling. Roger Kelly will be attending also. This thing is taking off. I think we'll all have a good time. Thanx
Bob Hayes
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2001 5:11 am    

Another up date. Davis Martin informed me that he may be there. Also other musicians to help out with staffing/backup are contacting me. I just wanted to stress that this IS AN OPEN JAM. The 4PM time slot is crowded, but we're going all day..so if anybody who may want to participate, and wants a particular time..please let me know.
EMail me or call at 423-357-9275. Thank You
Bob Hayes
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2001 5:14 am    

Correction: my typing is bad that is "DAVID MARTIN"...ooops
Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2001 4:19 am    

We have 12 pickers so far that have indicated their intent to be at the Jam. The are local, regional, and not so regional. If any one is in the Tri Cities area (East Tenn) on Sunday Feb 25,2001, come on over to the Steel Jam in Church Hill for some good music,pickin' and fellowship.
Bob Hayes