| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  sacred steel cd
Dion Stephen

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2007 10:00 pm    

on the 11th(b-day) my wife got me a great sacred steel cd with Willie Eason, Sonny Treadway, Glenn Lee, Henry Nelson, & Aubrey Ghent. great stuff! i love to hear the beginning of a music style to see where everyone else is coming from. i'm a big traditionalist. Mr. Green anyone else have something good out there. i love complilation discs you get to hear many people & so many takes on a similar note.
Keith Cordell

San Diego
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2007 11:01 pm    

I am a big fan of the early Sacred Steel recordings as well. I love early blues and to me this music belongs in the company of Elmore James, Lightnin' Hopkins and Robert Johnson. That the style remained fairly undiluted for all the years it has is amazing, until just recently it has been through only a couple of major changes- the Pedal Steel as the primary instrument being the most profound. I still love listening to Darick Campbell, he seems to be the most dyed in the wool traditionalist among the current players.

For more unusual music, though certainly not traditional in any sense, check out Secular Steel, available from b0b and including a few of our own contributors here on the forum. It should give you plenty of new inspiration if you appreciate new sounds.
Dion Stephen

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2007 3:17 am    

nice. Mr. Green
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2007 5:40 am    

Hi Dion,

If you like variety of steel players, steel guitars, etc. you ought to order our DVDs.

We have two DVDs of our Annual Seel Guitar Show at Marshfield, MO. Volume I was recorded July 1st, 2006 and features 10 different steel players. This DVD is 2 hours and 38 minutes in length. This sells for only $20.

The 2nd Annual Marshfield Steel Guitar Show was held June 9th, 2007 and this DVD features 13 steel guitarists. This DVD is 2 hours and 45 minutes in length. We edit almost all of the talking out and you hear all these different styles of playing steel guitar and different steel guitars. This DVD sells for $25.

These DVDs in time will become collectors items and there will be a limited number of them. All of the money from sales or donations goes to promote and do our next show in 2008. These are great DVDs done professionally.

Send check or money order to:

Terry Wood
Marshfield Steel Guitar Show
312 North Walnut Street
Marshfield, MO 65706

THanks!

Terry Wood
Dion Stephen

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2007 4:32 pm    

thanks for the info. as soon as i can i'd liked to get those. Mr. Green