| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  '' O.S.G.A. Ohio '' Steel Guitar Meeting / Jam
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2007 1:57 pm    

This is to announce the next O.S.G.A. event . Oct 20-th at 12:00 is the next Meeting/Jam . The jam will be held at Don-A-Meachies Restaurant 5727 National Rd S.E. Hebron,Ohio 43025, non-smoking and non-alcohol venue. The phone # there is (740)929-2009 . My cell # is (614)774-3109 if you need to get in touch with me . We will have another free C-6th Seminar at 10:00 am . The instructor will be Bob Allen . There will be some good food for your eating enjoyment . Don Lewis cooks up some good food ! Members expected and visitors are welcome . Everyone bring your guitars (doesn't have to be steel guitar ) and have a fun time . I might add that you don't have to be a member to join in with us ! Everyone is welcome . Hope to see you there . Best regards . G.P. P.S. We do have a special guest steel player maybe two . See the post below for info .

Last edited by Gary Preston on 15 Oct 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2007 4:58 pm     Can't make it

gary; Don Conrad called me about coming up to your jam/show I would love to but I cant get off work that day.Maybe I can get to one before long best regards; Dave Morrison
Tamara James

Post  Posted 2 Oct 2007 5:00 am    

Very Happy
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2007 3:12 pm    

Cool Hi David . I have been bragging you up around here and hope you can come and play for us soon . Are you playing the Apple Butter Festival in Groveport this year ? If so i will be there to hear you guys . I saw you guys last year but didn't get a chance to talk with you . Best regards , Gary .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2007 3:13 pm    

Surprised Hey Tamara . It was good to meet you at our last jam . Thanks for joining up with us . I hope you had a good time . Gary .
Tamara James

Post  Posted 3 Oct 2007 6:54 am    

I had a Great Time! I looking forward to being there. Should have the new amp by then. Very Happy
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2007 3:23 pm    

Cool Tamara we will be looking forward to seeing you again . Thanks ,best regards G.P.
Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2007 4:38 pm    

Gary;We're not playing the applebutter festival this year but if anything turns up your way I'll let you know.It looks like I'll be doing a gospel opry at the Majestic Theater in Chillicothe starting in January next year As far as I know it will be the first Saturday of every month I'm exited about that I'll let know more as I find out Thanks ,Dave
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2007 5:02 pm    

Hi David . Yes please let me know when the Gospel Opr y starts . This would be a great thing . I was asked to be the staff steel player for one of these back in the 80's but somehow it lost it's funding . It was called Gospel He Haw . Best regards , Gary .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2007 6:14 am    

Embarassed Bumper
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2007 2:57 pm    

Cool Just a note to let everyone know that we do have a featured steel player for the jam . Joe Adams will be with us and you don't want to miss this one he is a fine player . Yes he is related to the Adams boys that played for George Jones . Come early and get a seat for this one . Joe has many credits to his playing along with many great artist he has backed . He also has a recording studio . He is currently playing the Ohio Opry around Lucasville Ohio . So stop by there and say hello to Joe if you are down that way . Best regards , Gary .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2007 4:03 pm    

Smile More update . I talked to Mike Wilson today and he told me that if he didn't have to work he would also do a featured part for us . Mike is a good player and has a good touch . He is a nice guy also . Hope to see you soon . G.P.
Todd Meadows

Morral, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2007 2:21 pm    

Hey Gary, I might finaly be able to make a jam. I'm trying to muster enough corage to bring my ZB. I don't know though,I have trouble playing Bass for you guys. Any way how do I get to Don-a-Mecehs?
Todd
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2007 2:43 pm    

Very Happy Hi Todd . If you can make it bring both guitars ,you wont have any problem playing bass with what we are doing . This is your club so feel free to bring your steel . You may be better off going to Map Quest for directions . I really don't know how to tell you how to get here from where you live . I go out I-70 East until i see Rt. 79 North and go North to the first exit which is 40-East then go for about two miles and you will see the restaurant on the left . The address is at the top of the post . My cell # is (614) 774-3109 if you need to call me . We are having a C-6th seminar if you want do that and it's free . It will start at 10:00 am . Hope to see you there . It's been January since we have seen each other . Be safe . G.P.
Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2007 2:28 pm    

Well, looks like a family reunion is gonna keep us out of this one. Gary, please call Kristy next week with the meeting minutes for the newsletter. Also, give Don our best (unless he's on the forum... I don't think he is).
See everyone next time!

Jeff & Kristy
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2007 12:53 pm    

Very Happy Hi jeff . Yes i will . Be careful traveling and hurry back . God speed my friend . Gary .
Tamara James

Post  Posted 19 Oct 2007 9:56 am     bump

^^^for tomorrow