| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NTSGA,,,,The "old" and the "new"
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2007 9:41 pm    

First, let me say "thank you" to Jan Jones and his entire crew, along with all the back up band players, and especially to those of you who attended and gave support for such a splendid show. For me it was one of those "WOW!" weekends.
From the Friday opening act of Bob Knight and Johnny Jones to the very end Saturday night it was just one "WOW" after another.
The entire show being special,,, ended with a very special event/moment for me personally.,,,,Having Mr. Buck Grantham setting on stage beside me was such an honor.
And to top that off,,,having three of the "young" and future stars of the steel guitar on stage with me was and is beyond words of privilege, honor and appreciation.
Robert Rogers, Eddy Dunlap and Jeremy Drawbaugh. What an awesome trio of young and exciting talent. These young men and all the other young artists around the country need and deserve all the support that us "old timers" can give them.
So, my very special thanks to Buck, Jeremy, Robert and Eddy for being a part of my show. It was indeed, an honor.
BB
Bobby Bowman
Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2007 1:47 pm     HASHVILLE

WELL THANKS FOR THE ACCOLADES BOBBY. I DIDNT PLAY ON YOUR PART OF THE SHOW, WOULD HAVE BEEN A TREAT THOUGH. THE GUY YOU ARE REALLY TALKING ABOUT IS PROBABLY JONATHAN CULLIFER, WHO IS ATTENDING BELMONT UNIVERSITY RIGHT NOW AND I BELIEVE IS ONE OF BILL FERGUSONS STUDENTS.

I DID PLAY ON THE SHOW EARLIER IN THE DAY AND HAD AN AWESOME TIME I HOPE TO GET TO DO IT AGAIN. MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL HAVE SOME CD'S TO SALE CAUSE I SURE DID GET ASKED SEVERAL TIMES ABOUT CD'S. ANY WAY ALL THE GUYS "YOUNG AND OLD" DID A GREAT JOB.
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Bobby Bowman

Post  Posted 9 Oct 2007 2:04 pm     Thanks Jeremy and apologies to Jonathan

Well now,
Right off the bat, the old is showing itself off,,,LOL!
Jonathan, please accept my apology and keep on pickin'.
You were wonderful as you played and so were the others.
BB
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2007 3:50 pm    

I wasn't there, but heard Johnathan did a great job.
Thanks for having the younger players on your set.
Bobby Bowman

Post  Posted 9 Oct 2007 5:00 pm     Crick

Theresa,
I've still got a crick in my neck turning to the door to see if you were coming in. haha! Ya missed a good show. Hope things are well, good and happy for you and Greg.
It was my thrill to have those youngsters up there. Brother Paul had better keep a close eye on them in the near future.
BB
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2007 1:30 pm     Nashville Steel club

Bobby , Thank you Brother for inviting me to play that last set with you. It was great fun batting licks with the young guys.That's what its all about--- the fellowship, The love between the players is stronger than the love of the steel guitar.I want to thank Jan and every one else who had any thing to do with me getting to play the show.It was truly a blast. The band kept me in stitches the whole time I was up there. What a fine bunch of players,and my brother Roy Rosetta being there just put the iceing on the cake. Everyone treeted us like kinfolks and Mitzi and I really appreciate it. Hopefully I will get to play with youall at one of the future shows. Happy Trails, Love , Buck & Mitzi
Johnny Jones

Benton, Kentucky USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2007 4:02 pm    

I want to tell you again Bobby,thanks for adjusting my guitar before me and Bob played our set Saturday.Thanks also for writing out the details on how to add compensators for my guitar.When you let all the young'ns play on your set Sat.night,that shows what a class person you are.Thanks again,and i'll call if i have trouble with my guitar.
Johnny Jones
Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2007 6:07 pm    

Many thanks to Mr. Bowman for letting us young guys set up...it was an honor to set up next to ya'll. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Jonathan