| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobby Flores w/ Randy Reinhart
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2007 6:57 am    

Well we had the pleasure of enjoying Bobby's great band at Comal County Fair last night,,,man,,it just don't come any better!!!! Three fiddles,,,and Randy was awesome as usual on steel. I think he would stand out (and could be identified) on ANY stage full of steel players,,,I mean he would be at the top of any pile!! Also had a world class steel player (Bobby) playing fiddle and an outstanding job on vocals,,,and another world class steel player (Jim Loessburg) playing drums. We also enjoyed visiting during break with Dave Biller, the guitar player for the group,,,who is also ANOTHER great steeler!!!! Dave and I were talking about the amount of talent in this (Austin-San Antonio area),,IT IS AMAZING,,,must be the water (guess I'd better start drinking more,,,water that is,,). If you're in the area and get a chance to see these guys don't miss it,,,I think they are scheduled for Martinez Hall with in the next couple of weeks,,,check ou Bobby's web site.
Milton C. Willmann

Spring Branch, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2007 7:31 am    

This was a great show. I didn't get to hear the whole thing but what I caught was superb. Randy Reinhart, Bobby, Jim Loessberg, Dave Biller, John Schattenberg a lady fiddle player, don't know her name, a great bass player. Also got a glimpse of Dottie Jack, a truly fine singer. You just won't find a better group of multi-talented musician's anywhere.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2007 11:57 am    

thank you for stopping by fellas. Sonny, it was very nice to meet you and your lovely wife. i enjoyed chatting with you and hope to see you again soon. yup, Randy was razor sharp as usual. he's the greatest. oh, our new addition on 3rd fiddle is the most excellent R J Smith. i believe she is from South Carolina. our bass player is none other than Johnny Loessberg, Jim's brother.
Joe A. Camacho

Post  Posted 29 Sep 2007 12:38 pm    

Hey Dave, good meeting you last week. Hope to have a chance to hangout on your trip out this way.
Gordon Borland

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2007 8:55 pm    

Sonny,
I had the pleasure of taking steel lessons from Randy and Bobby at Bobby's school. I still play the MSA I bought from you.
Now don't tell anyone BUT, I know for sure now that Randy is from Area 51. I cannot tell you how I know but
lets just say that the energy force around his Emmons when he is playing can be seen by a faint purple glow and at times his picks leave his fingers and play on their own but you have to look real close.
This could also be the effect of the new Meds my Doc gave me for the old ticker but I don't think so.
What is for sure is that this band takes you back to where you want to be in honest country music. Don't miss this band when they are in your area or Randy will know and you will miss out on hearing it done exactly correct.