| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Album Release - 'Songs of Naka Peida'
Peggy Green

San Jose, California USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2000 3:42 am    

Hello Fellow Forumites!

My new album, 'Songs of Naka Peida' is released. It is all solo Pedabro.

Check it out here on the forum:
www.b0b.com/products/music.html

Listen on mp3.com. Cuts "Fair Affliction", "Achin' Deep Down in My Bones", and "Nakahama" are newly made available later today. "The Pedalist" was made avaiable last Thanksgiving, the song file has been updated with the mixed version from the album.
mp3.com/PeggyGreen

The album has it's own website. Follow the "About" link for the online press kit.
www.NakaPeida.com

Written and recorded in Japan with additional recording in New York. Mixed and mastered in Toronto.

Thanks.

[This message was edited by Peggy Green on 06 July 2000 at 04:43 AM.]

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2000 6:32 am    

I've been listening to this CD in the car for the past week. It's really beautiful music, very relaxing, and very different from all other steel guitar albums. Peggy's first CD was a traditional steel guitar album. This one breaks new ground as it introduces the Franklin Pedabro as a solo instrument.

Click the picture:

I want to thank Peggy for supporting the Forum with this CD. She gave us a great deal, and we're able to pass the savings on to Forum members with this low-priced CD. Thanks, Peggy!

------------------

-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator
Smiley Roberts

Hendersonville,Tn. 37075
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2000 9:58 am    

I just received a copy of this,& I wanna say that this is a GREAT album. Not your"run of the mill" blugrass Dobro™ album,but more of a "new-age" Dobro™ album. (I should say, "Pedabro"™). Sounds like something you would expect from Wyndham Hill,or a similar company. This album is great listening,w/ your first cup of coffee of the day,or maybe,w/ a glass of wine in the late evening.
But,it's great listening,anytime of the day.
As she,clearly,states on the album,they're "musings". As they used to say on "American Bandstand","It's nice music,but you can't dance to it".

------------------
  ~ ~

©¿© ars longa,
mm vita brevis
-=sr€=-

Peggy Green

San Jose, California USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2000 2:42 pm    

Thanks b0b. I'm just happy for the Forum's existence. As a techie myself I know how much work you're doing on your own time with your own nickel for the benefit of all of us.

Smiley, thanks - I think. So I'm a new age pedalist who can't dance! :0
Least I'm with you as you begin and end your day. I'll take that! Now about your snoring...
Smiley Roberts

Hendersonville,Tn. 37075
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2000 4:17 am    

ZZZZzzzzzz....uh...oh....Peggy,did you say somthin'?? Your music was so wonderful,that I kinda "nodded off" for a few seconds.

Seriously,I am VERY impressed w/ this album.
Another thing that "knocked me out" about it.
You produced the album,COMPLETELY!! Photography,artwork,everything. That's great!
I,also,like the concept of the album "folder",as opposed to a "jewel-box".

------------------
  ~ ~

©¿© ars longa,
mm vita brevis
-=sr€=-

Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2000 5:20 am    

Great website Peggy!

I was unaware of your struggle with RSI. Your bio and the tale of the creative and physical processes you went through to realize this album was enlightening, and inspiring.

Those of us who are not faced with such challenges have no excuse for not completing projects after reading your story.
Peggy Green

San Jose, California USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2000 10:05 am    

Smiley,

We've got to stop meeting like this... Yep, I'm the chief cook and bottlewasher. Found out I've got the knack for photos and chopping 'em up in Photoshop. Actually I got frustrated with trying to find someone to do the cover. So I just did it....

The eco-pak fromOasis makes an attractive package. It's lighter than a jewel case. So even though it is more expensive than a jewel case CD package, you make it back on postage savings.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the website nod. It's all done in XML. My hands are bloody from grabbing the cutting edge of technology!

RSI - I get a day gig to support music and the day gig impairs the ability to make music. Sigh. It's mostly forever too. Done turned me into a New Age Pedalist That Can't Dance!