| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  String Ping
Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 3:24 pm    

I just changed strings and am getting a pinging or ringing sound from my Jagwire .115 G# string. This sound is not present when the string is played open or with the B pedal engaged and played open. It only happens when the bar is placed on the string. Non of the other strings have this problem.

I've tried stretching the string a bit and it is secured correctly in the changer and at the key. This is a keyless guitar so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Any ideas or explainations would be appreciated. Sad
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 5:21 pm    

Tom,
Try another string...did you check the changer for grooving when you changed the string(s)? I have had a new string to buzz.Is that what you're saying?

BF
Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 6:26 pm    

Yes Bill, I guess you could call it a buzz. It's only when I put the bar on the string that I get the buss. At first I thought the string may not be contacting the bar, but it doesn't matter how much pressure I exert, it still sounds the same...never happeded before. I'm out of .11's, so I'll have to wait till I get some more before I can change it... I currently have a string order sent to b0b.
Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 7:26 pm    

You might try loosening the string and moving slightly to the left or right of it's center position on the changer. Retune it. If it doesn't buzz, that will tell you you've got a depression, or groove, on the changer finger.