| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud LDG out of the closet.
Dennis Wood

Savannah, TN USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 8:10 am    

This LDG just came out of the closet! I would say it’s about a 9 out of 10 as far as condition. A few small bar dings and a bit of oxidation on the front of the endplates from sitting in the case, but they cleaned up ok. The gentleman I bought it from has owned it several years and it spent most of the time in the case. I put new strings on it last night and boy does it sing! My main guitar is a Sierra u-12 so I have to think 10 string with a D when I play it.
The 9th string has an adjustable stop and spring I assume for a half stop. The pull rod has been cut about half way to the changer so I need a new pull rod for the 9th. I found a broken string ball stuck in the changer when I took it apart so I can only assume the ball was fouling up the 9th string change and someone cut the rod in an attempt to fix it.
Could someone recommend where I could purchase a pull rod and some nylon tuning nuts?

Spartanburg SC USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 9:10 am     Parts...

John Coop or Bobbe Seymour.....best bets!!You can reach em both thru the Forum.Coop has my LDG now doing his magic to it!!!!! Very Happy

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 9:45 am     Bud

The old Bud's increasing in value. I'd hang on to it if possible. Nice guitar. I've had 4 of the LDG's over the years. I wish I had kept one of them but didn't.
Jon Hyde

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 12:34 pm    

Duane Marrs is a great resource for sho bud parts. I just got new aluminum fingers and a rod with a nylon nut from him for my newly acquired 75 LDG. Plus - he signed off on it when it was built in 1975! Can't do better than that. Nicest guys you'll ever want to talk to over there too. And, if you needed more - they service Lloyd Green's guitar! I mean, it's an LDG after all!

http://www.duanemarrs.com/

Great looking LDG BTW.