| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ''O.S.G.A. Ohio '' Meeting / Jam .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 3:38 pm    

Surprised The Ohio Steel Guitar Association Web Site http://www.myspace.com/192451122 ,
is having their meeting/jam on Sept. 15-th . at 12:00 . There will be a C-6th seminar starting at 10:00 am. with Bob Allen teaching . The seminar is free . This will be held at Don-A-Meachees Restaurant at 5727 National Rd. S.E. Hebron , Oh . 43025 . This is a non-alcohol , non-smoking venue so bring the whole family for a fun day of music of all types . Don Lewis will have some home cooked food for your enjoyment . The phone # there is (740)929-2009 . My phone # is (614) 774-3109 if you need to talk with me . Bring your guitars of all kinds and play whatever you like . We welcome '' all '' musicians regardless what you play . We can use everyone that would like to share their music with us . We will have a special female singer doing some songs for us so come out and see who this is ! She just won a singing contest and i can't wait to hear her ! We will have a backup band also .Hope to see you there . Best regards , Gary . P.S. We now have a featured player ( see the post below ) .

Last edited by Gary Preston on 31 Aug 2007 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 5:45 pm    

See you all there! Very Happy
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 6:58 pm    

Kenny,

Are you bringing the Blue guitar or the Red guitar to the jam on the 15th? Inquiring minds want to know.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 7:12 pm    

Hi Marvin.The "RED" guitar. Need to get it out,and play it. Very Happy I got a 2" lift kit from Bobbe to put on it.
Tamara James

Post  Posted 24 Aug 2007 4:10 am    

I'm planning on being there.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2007 1:01 pm    

Surprised Tamara we are looking forward to meeting you . You will enjoy the day i promise . My cell #is (614) 774-3109 should you need to contact me . Best regards and please bring a friend or two ! Gary .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2007 11:27 am    

Smile Bump
Tamara James

Post  Posted 25 Aug 2007 11:30 am    

I hate to be bothersome, but I am new to steel and jams. Is there anything I need to know before I get there? I am not sure what to expect, except a great time hearing great music. I am looking forward to it. I wasn't planning on bringing my steel because I am so new to it. Meeting folks and watching is what I had in mind for this one.

Any yea, I will keep that cell number in case I get lost or something. I am coming in from Wooster, OH.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2007 11:59 am    

Very Happy Tamara just be yourself and enjoy the day . You will be among friends . See you soon . Gary .
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2007 1:43 pm    

Tamara,

Of course, bring your steel and amp. After any feature players, everyone joins in and plays at the same time. It is a good time to practice chords and progressions. For some reason a lot of the songs are in G. Then C, A and E

So if you know the chords for those keys, majors, minors and 7th's you are in business.

Several of the experienced players will notice if you are having trouble keeping up and will tell you which chord is in use. Some one always tell us what key it is and what the progression is. If you know what I, IV and V mean you are good to go.

You can sit beside me and no one will know who played the wrong chord because I make a lot of noise.

Marvin Born
Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2007 4:31 am    

Sorry I can't make this one, the long drive don't you know!!
For those who can, it is a great time among some of the best people!!!

Pete
Tamara James

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2007 4:33 am    

Marvin Born wrote:
Tamara,
You can sit beside me and no one will know who played the wrong chord because I make a lot of noise.

Marvin Born

WOW! I never thought. I do know what I, IV, and V means. Also what 1 to 4 means with the pedals. We've been working in G and D. I know how to form the major cords.

I'll hold ya to that sit beside me thing. I take all the help offered. I do my best to make that noise joyfull. I have a good time making noise. Very Happy
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2007 1:48 pm    

Smile Tamara as Marvin said just play what you know and thats fine with us . We are a family of players that like the fellowship of other music lovers . We try to help anyone and learn ourselves . See you soon . Gary .
Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2007 2:28 pm    

Tamara,

Could you maybe bring one of those dulcimers that I see in your picture, as well? That would be a neat addition.

Jeff
Tamara James

Post  Posted 28 Aug 2007 2:49 pm    

Jeff Harbour wrote:
Tamara,

Could you maybe bring one of those dulcimers that I see in your picture, as well? That would be a neat addition.

Jeff

Yes. Of course. Never expected that one. To make a long story short, I will be attending a Dulcimer jam in Lancaster, Ohio that weekend. I am taking time out to come to the steel jam. I can be at the steel jam between 12 and 5. Actually that is alot closer to drive then comeing from Wooster. I got my dates mixed up. So yes, I will have my dulcimer with me.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2007 4:44 pm    

Very Happy Hey guys and gals . We now have a featured player for the jam . His name is Don Burrows . Don is the owner / builder of the B.S.G. steel guitars . He will have steel guitar accessories with him also . So please make plans to be here . It will be a fun day .
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2007 7:33 pm    

Hey, Lookin' forward to this one. Very Happy
Joe Kurtz

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2007 4:16 pm     Steel Jam

Gary.

Wish I could be there. I have a wedding I must attend. Please keep me posted on the next jam.

Have a GREAT Time pickin! Very Happy I am sure everyone will.

God Bless!

Joe
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2007 10:51 am     coming out to jam

Hey Gary I will be out with my Sho-Bud count me in, I do need directions to the place, Tamara, do bring your steel guitar or you might regret it later that you did not bring your guitar out, you will do fine, this is a great event Gary puts on and a chance to open up and play a tune you have been working on, I too am shy about playing, but these guys are pro's and are there to help you through it, they have been there themselves you might even have a new way of playing that song, so bring your stuff and have fun.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 4:37 pm    

Wink Hey Steve . The address is at the start of the post . See you soon . Gary .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2007 2:47 pm    

Rolling Eyes Bump .
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 8:44 am    

UP
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2007 3:51 pm    

Cool Bump for this Saturday .
Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2007 6:25 pm    

Doggone Gary, I have another place to go. One of my friends if turning 70 and there is a surprise party planned for him in a private car on the Hocking Valley Railroad. Otherwise I would be there, I have never heard Don Burrows play, if he plays like he builds it will be a great set.

Shoot , I also wanted to bring my D-6 Supro so Bob Allen could show me a few licks on C6, maybe he would be real nice and leave them in there for me. Someday I am going to have to try to learn to play one of these guitars, I am not being modest, I really need all the help I can get. Greg is the real player in the family, I just manage to work on them.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2007 2:50 pm    

Cool Hey Walter . We understand . I might add that you did a great job with the pictures and we appreciate it very much . Just for you when we have the next meeting/jam we will have Bob to do another C-6th seminar . Hows that for service ? Be blest my friend . G.P.