| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jackson Guitars
Charlie Tryon

Glovertown Newfoundland, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2007 4:59 am    

Just wanted to say a huge kudos to David, Harry and Dawn Jackson of Jackson Steel Guitars.
I became interested in the Jackson Steel guitars after seeing the totally different, one of a kind mechanics they use, so I purchased a Shot Jackson Commemorative and picked it up February 08 2006…and loved it. I loved it so much that I ordered another one shortly after getting back from Florida. I tend to play a few outdoor gigs and, like a lot of you, I do not particularly like subjecting my instruments to the mercy of the outdoor elements, especially my Commemorative model. So the second one I ordered was the BlackJack, which I picked at the St. Louis Convention. Once again, I got an excellent guitar. It is a very classy looking guitar and, like my Commemorative, the sound from the BlackJack is fantastic and the mechanics make it an awesome, effortless guitar to play .
For those individuals who refer to the BlackJack as a student model, I can tell you right now that it is the furthest thing from a student model and I’m sure that anyone who has played a BlackJack or has actually taken a look at the mechanics of one will say the same thing. You will be hard-pressed to find a student model that ís built with the professional mechanics or professional sound of the BlackJack. At the convention, I did hear it referred to as the “work horse” of steel guitars because of it’s durability, light weight, professional sound and professional mechanics. I totally agree with the work horse analogy, but it is a work horse with a whole lot of class.
If any of you were in St. Louis and played the guitars in the Jackson room then chances are you may have played my BlackJack or my Commemorative, they were both there. Here is a photo taken of David and Harry Jackson with me and my two guitars. Again, many thanks to David, Harry and Dawn Jackson. You’re absolutely great people to deal with, a real class act to go right along with your truly classy line of steel guitars.

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2007 8:04 am    

Very nice geetar Charlie!! Bobbe Seymour's guitar is a looker too, and there is real heritage with these guitars. Some of the features on the Jackson guitars will filter through on other makes in the future I'm sure.
David Fields

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2007 10:01 am     About had it

Hey Charlie.....I have had all I can take. That response from you....well I ordered my Blackjack in April I believe and it is supposed to be ready most any day now.

I have heard so many great things about it.
I am just getting a bit anxious about getting it.

Looking forward to playing it.

Dave
Charlie Tryon

Post  Posted 11 Sep 2007 10:53 am     blackjack

David I'm sure your guitar will be shipped soon. I ordered mine mid feb so it should not be much longer. I must warn you to get lots of sleep because you will not beable to pull yourself away from that guitar when you get it. These guitar are just great. I have had two practices with this guitar and the band could not believe how great it sounded. My first gig is this Friday with it and it is outside so I will let you know how it turns out.

Charlie

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2007 2:49 pm    

I, too, ordered a new Blackjack "Full House" 3 months ago, and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival! After visiting Jeff Bradshaw's shop in Albera, and playing his Shot Jackson Commemorative model, I really got inspired to move up from my Carter-Starter. I know I've stated this before, but I just can't say enough about this forum, the folks who make it possible, and the members who so willing share thier experiences and advice! For those of us who live a rather "sheltered life" so to speak - in areas where pedal steel guitars are few & far between - we have little chance to see/hear/play most of the steel guitars that are available...we must depend on the experiences and advice of others when it comes to the decision making process re the purchase of a new steel and/or amp, gear, etc. Many thanks to Jeff Bradshaw, Chris Ledrew, and others who have been so kind as to provide me with assistance and advice. Thanks as well to Dawn at Jackson Guitars for her kind patience and willingness re answering my many questions in this regard.
(I may have to put up my Christmas tree early this year...Ho Ho Ho!)
Cheers, J.J.
Charlie Tryon

Post  Posted 12 Sep 2007 4:09 am     blackjack guitar

John when SANTA does deliver your new Blackjack you will be the happiest kid in town. Hope it arrives soon . I know what it is like waiting for a new toy.

Charlie

Canada
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2007 5:03 pm    

Charlie, you've got the best of the best there, my man. I had the pleasure of playing these models in Dallas, and I can say with 100% confidence that the Jacksons are putting out one fabulous steel guitar. I think Newfoundland is ready for one of these fine machines.

Oh BlackJack, oh Blackjack.....where art thou? Wink
Charlie Tryon

Post  Posted 13 Sep 2007 4:05 am     Jackson

Chris if you stop trying to play with those seal flippers and put on some real picks I have it on good authority that Dawn and David would consider sending you one of these fine guitars... Oh just one other thing you may have to pony up some cash..bright side not to much for a great guitar.
On a side note will be playing the Welland fair Friday night so will give this little gem a good work out. Chat with you soon buddy.

Charlie